Customers with current Subscription & Support (S&S) for z/VM are entitled to receive version/release updates at no charge. Customers without z/VM V7 or without the S&S license, or a new VM customer must order z/VM V7.3 or z/VM V7.2 and obtain a license upon payment. This can be done using the same ordering as below but will be delayed until the purchase goes through. Additional information for new licenses can be found in the IBM Announcement Letter found in the Resources section below for the release being purchased.
Products and offerings available:
The System Delivery Offering (SDO) is a single deliverable of the z/VM hypervisor and all z/VM licensed products. Read the SDO description, benefits and offerings. The z/VM SDO is the only method that can be used to order z/VM.
Continuous delivery is new with z/VM Version 7. To see if it is right
for you please visit:
z/VM Continuous Delivery News
z/VM V7.3 General Availability: September 16, 2022
See z/VM V7.3 Resources for more information.
The z/VM product, priced features and licensed products can be ordered in one of two ways:
IBM Shopz (Registration required)
Shopz capabilities for z/VM include:
- Access to reports for planning IBM Z upgrades
- Request release-to-release upgrades of z/VM
- Place new orders for z/VM
- Order z/VM Base Operating System and Base options for delivery via DVD, and electronic delivery
- Order z/VM SDO licensed products for delivery via Internet
- Track order status
- z/VM base Operating System
- z/VM priced features
- z/VM SDO products
> Provide your IBM ID and password
> Select "create new software orders"
> follow the screens to select/fill in information
- A verification email will be sent when the order is ready for download
IBM Support Center
- In the United States contact the Americas Call Centers, or
an IBM Buisness Partner. To identify your IBM representative or IBM
Business Partner call 1-800-IBM-4YOU (426-4968).
- Outside the United States and Puerto Rico, contact your local IBM representative or authorized supplier.
- In the United States contact the Americas Call Centers, or an IBM Buisness Partner. To identify your IBM representative or IBM Business Partner call 1-800-IBM-4YOU (426-4968).
- Upgrading and Migrating to z/VM
Do you know if you are running a supported release? Are you considering a VM upgrade? Be sure to read the Upgrade and Migration page.
- Software order status
If you have already placed an order, you may track its status with Shopz order tracking capability.
Or, you may use the IBM Software Order Tracking tool, select the appropriate language and specify your order number.
Order Status (Worldwide)
- IBM Global Financing
IBM Global Financing understands your specialized information technology (IT) needs and provides financing options.
- Software Licensing
- Enabling Sub-Capacity pricing
Reference information for understanding zIPLA Licensing. IPLA licensing is the type of Software License Agreement that applies to z/VM beginning with Version 4.
Learn more about Sub-Capacity pricing for software running
Information on enabling z/VM Sub-Capacity pricing
z/VM Hypervisor Proxy for IBM License Metric Tool (ILMT) Users Guide