Before you download anything from this library (that is,
from this VM site), you must read
the license agreement for downloads.
Each package in this library
consists of at least one, and potentially all, of the
following kinds of downloadable files.
Not all packages will have all the pieces.
- VM content is in a VMARC archive.
- PC content is in a ZIP archive.
- UNIX content is in a TAR archive.
Downloading VMARC Archives
To download a VMARC archive from this VM site (aka the packages page):
- Click on the package's v,
- Instruct your browser to save the file to disk
- Upload the file to VM in BINARY
- Run the file through this pipeline (where 'fn' is the
name of the file you uploaded):
PIPE < fn VMARC A | fblock 80 00 | > fn VMARC A F 80
- Unpack the resultant file using VMARC:
VMARC UNPK fn VMARC A
To download VMARC itself:
- Click here and instruct your browser to save the file to disk,
- Upload the file to VM in BINARY,
- Run the file through this pipeline:
PIPE < VMARC MODULE A | deblock cms | > VMARC MODULE A
We also have a help file
for VMARC. Upload and reblock it to use it, just like
you would for the module.
Note: if you are running VM/ESA 2.2.0 you
will need to apply APAR VM61031 in order for VMARC MODULE
to work correctly on your system.
Other VMARC Unpackers:
We are told that
at this web site
there is a package called VMAGUI, which can unpack a
VMARC archive on a Windows or Mac system. Use at your own
Downloading Other Archives
To download other archive types from this library:
- Click on the type indicator for the desired package, and
- Instruct your browser to save the file to disk.