VM and Related Product EducationAssembled here is a collection of educational resources to assist you with your quest for knowledge about VM and related products. Whether you choose to attend traditional courses, technical universities (conferences), user groups, or to converse with others via online forums, you can benefit from the wealth of experience in the worldwide VM and Linux communities.
Formal VM-related classes and training from IBM
- ZV02G: z/VM Introduction and Concepts
- ZV06G: Installing, Configuring and Servicing z/VM
- ZL10G: Linux Implementation for z Systems (SuSE)
- ZL12G: Linux Basics - A System z Perspective
- ZL15G: Advanced Solutions for Linux on z Systems (SuSE)
- ZV20G: z/VM RACF and DIRMAINT Implementation
Live Virtual Classes
Have an hour? Listen to a Live Virtual Classes (LVC) (like webcasts) for z/VM, z/VSE, and Linux on System z throughout the year.
Blooming Basics of z/VM and Linux
Are you getting started with Linux on z/VM or need a refresher?
Try these hour-long MP3 replays of a series
on z/VM and Linux on System z.
IBM Technical Conferences
Online Tutorials from IBM
- IBM Introduction to Pipelines
- IBM Multistream Pipelines
- Linux Introductory training "over the internet"
- Advanced REXX Telecourse (for download from the VM Downloads library
- CMS Pipelines Telecourse (for download from the VM Downloads library
Formal VM-related classes and training from non-IBM sources
- DB2 for VSE&VM classes, by The Fillmore Group, includes distance learning
- CA (formerly Computer Associates Inc) - Mainframe, VM Education
- Sine Nomine Associates , offers training in Internet Technology, Network Management, and more.
- Velocity Software, Inc.- VM Performance Education
- VM Resources, LTD, Inc.- VM education and training
- VM Assist - VM education and customized training
Communicating with others in the VM community
- The IBM Academic Initiative
- ibm.com/university -- The portal into IBM for universities, colleges and other higher education institutions.
Seeking employment? Have a job opening?
Visit the VM employment resource.