z/VM Version 4 Release 3 Resources
Updated: 06 Feb. 2007
This page includes reference information specific to z/VM V4.3 and made available in the time period following its announcement, until central service ends on May 31, 2005.
z/VM 4.3 is no longer marketed.
Central service/support ended 05/31/05.
Consider upgrading to a supported version of z/VM to take advantage of the newer pricing model and many new enhancements.
Search World Wide announcement letters
Feb. 06 2007:
z/VM V5.3 Announced
z/VM V4.3 Withdrawn from Marketing - August 15, 2003
For the latest z/VM, visit z/VM Upgrade resources.
- May 13, 2003: z990 compatibility support for:
z/VM V4.3, z/VM V4.2, and z/VM V3.1
Ordering and Availability
- z/VM V4.3 General Availability: May 31, 2002
- SDO (System Delivery Offering) - Updated May 2003
- Upgrading to a current relase of z/VM.
- z/VM V4.3 Withdrawal from Marketing August 15, 2003
- z/VM V4.3 Announced end of service date:
- Central service for z/VM V4.3 was announced to be discontinued on June 30,2004, in Software Announcement, US 202-104
- To allow additional time to migrate to z/VM V4.4, service discontinuance for z/VM V4.3 was extended until December 31, 2004.
- And, on Aug. 12, 2003, z/VM V4 Software Support Lifecycle Extensions extend the End of Service Date for z/VM V4.3 to 05/31/05
- z/VM 4.3 and the IBM eServer zSeries 900 server Refer to the z/VM subset of the 2084DEVICE Preventive Service Planning (PSP) bucket prior to installing the z990 server.
- z/VM Reference Guide
- z/VM V4.3 FAQ (Frequently asked questions)
- Licensed Products Migration matrix for z/VM V4.3 (updated Dec.2002)
- Vendor (Non-IBM Solution Developer) Product matrix for z/VM V4.3
- z/VM Performance Report
Specification Sheets and Papers
- z/VM V4.3 Spec Sheet
- Security paper:
The Value of z/VM: Security and Integrity
- White Paper:
Large Scale Web Serving Consolidation with zSeries servers running Linux and z/VM
- White Paper:
Samba Fileserving on IBM zSeries servers with z/VM
- z/VM V4R3 update, by Denny Refsnider (July 2002, eServer Magazine)
Online product documentation and publications