How to specify Internet Delivery for your z/VM order on Shopz
In Shopz, a black diamond () symbol indicates that electronic delivery is available for your z/VM product selection, even though you are shown only the two choices -- DDR or DVD. On a ski trail, black diamond signs mark the difficult/advanced ski trails. Ironic as it may seem, IBM is not using the black diamond symbol to indicate a degree of difficulty in ordering electronic delivery of z/VM. Use the tips below to help you know which pulldown selections you need, and which buttons to click on various screens.
Once you are signed into Shopz to create a new order:
- Select z/VM - Products for the Operating Environment and select VM SDO version for Package Category and select continue.
- Select the Hardware System where you plan to use this order
- On the Shop for Products screen, select VM Base Product Options for Group and also choose your language and filter. An example of filter is Show all products . If you want to order any optional features and/or Licensed Products, instead select VM-All (35 Products) instead of Base Product. Do NOT click on Continue, instead click SHOW CATALOG !
- Scroll down to see the catalog list, select the products from the list you wish to order. Click Continue, when you have completed.
- Continue if you need to select new licenses, do so.
- To specify delivery options, choose Internet on the Preferred Media pull-down. Indicate any special instructions, and then click Continue.
- On the Review and Submit page, you have an opportunity to review and change your order before submitting it. Once you have submitted and confirmed your order, the next screen shows you a list of your orders and their status.
The internet download can be performed using the instructions that are in the post-order email or by clicking on the Internet Download link on the order status page.For your convenience and planning, you can review the instructions for the release ordered: z/VM V6.4 or z/VM V7.1 or