RSCS 3.1.0 and 3.1.1 EnhancementsProduct Number: 5684-096
RSCS Version 3 offers substantial performance improvements in it's networking line drivers (NJE and SNANJE) compared to RSCS Version 2.3. The RSCS virtual machine can experience savings up to 10% in CPU busy time and a reduction in communication I/O operations of 35-70% when using the NJE line driver. When using the SNANJE line driver, the RSCS and VTAM virtual machines can experience a savings of up to 25% in total CPU busy time and a reduction in combined communication I/O operations of 8-70% depending on how the RSCS configuration is defined. The greatest improvements can be seen when using large (32K) buffers while the lower improvements result from using small (1K or 4K) buffers.
Other enhancements include:
- VMSES/E enablement for installation and service providing smoother, cleaner and faster processing of any maintenance to insure better availability of the product on your local system.
- 3270 print driver enhancements providing consistency in printing of DBCS and non-DBCS character sets, new APL2 character set support, and enhanced error condition handling on print files.
- Usability enhancements to delegate as much power as possible to the general user. Such as an enhanced QUERY command, command response interface, ability to control files a user originates, improved CPQUERY command, and friendlier command formats.
- Improved routing mechanisms allowing programmers to set up routes to increase traffic through-put in usual and problem situations. Improvements include multiple primary links between 2 nodes, alternate link for routing traffic to a remote node, and routing groups
- Operation improvements include implementation of a slowdown mechanism, enhanced HOLD command to cover both incoming and outgoing files, event schedule, and improved recovery facilities.
- Improved exit facility reducing the need to modify RSCS source code.
- Gateway programming interface which can act as an NJE link over another medium not already supported by RSCS.
- New and improved configuration file statements.