Last Updated: 2 November 2020
There are multiple methods to send debugging data to IBM. All of these methods are associated with a support "case". You can create and view cases from the Support area at - https://www.ibm.com/support/home/
The method you should use to send your data depends on the nature of the data. This page describes the methods and how you can use them. Note that you CANNOT send debugging data to IBM in an email to, for example, the IBM support person you are working with. This could result in a violation regulations such as the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore must not be done.
The accepted methods are:
- Post human-readable text in the case
This is the most basic method. If you have a small amount of human-readable text, simply post it to your case. You might use this method to report error messages, a program that is not working, etc. A good guideline you can use is, if your data is less than 2 screens worth, this method is the one to use. It is less work for both the customer and for IBM support, as no special handling is required.
- Post an attachment to the case
This method is best for word processing documents, spreadsheets, screenshots, etc. Use the "Upload files" function in your case to attach these files.
- Use a File Transfer Program (FTP) to transmit the file
This method MUST be used for some files, including:
- Dump files (including CP dump files and VMDUMP files)
- Large human-readable files from your z/VM system that contains text that is too big to post in the case (method #1 above). This includes CP OPERATOR consoles, TCPIP consoles, VMSES files, TRSOURCE trace files, etc.
Instructions for securely FTPing your z/VM files, such as dump files, to z/VM Service:
- Pack all of the files that you are sending with the PACK option of the CMS COPYFILE command.
- If this is your first time doing secure FTP from your z/VM system, you must perform the instructions on this page to configure your system: https://www.vm.ibm.com/service/vmgdpr.html
- Go to this page for the FTP instructions: https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/node/739631
Some tips about the FTP instructions page:
- In the Upload (toibm) directories section, the directory to use is: toibm/vm
- In your FTP session, issue the command BIN F 1024 to make sure files are transmitted in the proper binary format
- The filename of each file you transfer MUST begin with the case number. Example: Your case number is TS002528918, and you are FTPing a file called HTT001 MDMP0001 A. Your FTP command to PUT that file would be 'PUT HTT001.MDMP0001.A TS002528918.HTT001.MDMP0001' (Note the "dot" after the case number).
Specific z/VM TCPIP instructions:
- For TCPIP PCAP trace files, filetype MUST be .pcap, do NOT pack with copyfile, FTPed in BIN F 1024. While this file is generated on z/VM it is processed by tools off of z/VM. Therefore do not use z/VM approaches such as COPYFILE with PACK option or VMARC to compress or bundle the PCAP files.
For information on z/VM Service related topics, including European Union GDPR information, and z/VM specific FTP information, visit: