Service for a z/VM SystemYou are encouraged to keep your z/VM system at a healthy service level. To do this, it is recommended that you stay on a supported z/VM release and service level. z/VM offers two releases in service from which to choose. The most current release (z/VM 7.2) offers new function that is delivered on a continuous basis, through its service stream. The previous release (z/VM 7.1) will be functionally stabilized, but will continue to receive the latest service.
To learn about enhancements provided through continuous delivery, visit the Continuous Delivery page.
To stay informed about the latest hardware service, service changes, and related information, visit the Service News page.
z/VM 7.3 now available
- The z/VM 7.3 APAR page is available to identify what CP and CMS service is shipped and available at GA (General Availability date).
- Enhancements made to z/VM Centralized Service Management, see the z/VM: Service Guide
- The z/VM 7.2 APAR page is available to identify what CP and CMS service is shipped and available at GA (General Availability date).
- z/VM Centralized Service Management, new with z/VM 7.2, provides the capability to manage distinct levels of service for a specific group of traditional z/VM systems, locally or remotely, from one central system.
Installation instructions for electronically delivered service are available via these links:ordering and installing service
Direct to host service utility
Direct to host service utility - GetShopz is now available as APAR VM66540 with z/VM 7.2.
Types of service
- Preventive Service provides fixes for multiple and varied problems that already are known and resolved. To avoid known problems from affecting your system, apply RSU (Recommended Service Upgrade) service on a regular basis. To identify the latest RSU service available for your system, visit the RSU Content page.
- Corrective Service provides relief for a specific problem that is encountered (which has been reported to IBM, and for which a fix is available).