z/VM Version 4 Release 2 Resources
Updated: 06 Feb. 2007
This page was update to remove old/non-functioning links.
This page includes reference information specific to z/VM V4.R2 and made available in the time period following its announcement, until its withdrawal from marketing, May 31, 2002. Old, non-functioning links have been removed.
z/VM V4.2 Ended Service
December 31, 2003.
See z/VM V5.3 for the newest z/VM release
- Feb. 06, 2007: z/VM V5.3 Announced
- December 31, 2003
z/VM V4 R2 End of Service
- May 31, 2002
z/VM V4 R2 Withdrawn from Marketing
- January 2002: VM support is available for IBM TotalStorageTM Enterprise Storage Server new configuration options.
26 October 2001:
z/VM V4 R2.0 Generally Available
Note these corrections to the z/VM V4 R2.0.announcement letter:
-Correction to RACF Requirements:
RACF V1R10.0 (5740-XXH) with APAR VM62598 (NOT VM62958) to run in 64-bit mode on a zSeries or equivalent, if a security product is needed
-Correction to Technical Information packaging section:
The correct form number for z/VM: TCP/IP Level 420 Planning and Customization is SC24-6019 (not SC24-5981).
04 October 2001:
z/VM V4 R2 Extends Core Technology Support for the IBM e(logo)server zSeries
US: 201-286 , EMEA & LA: ZP01-0453
New functions and features for the z900
US: 101-308, EMEA: ZG01-0463
Sept. 18, 2001 (USA Letter)
IBM Integrated Facility for Linux (IFL) on Multiprise 3000
Ordering and Availablility
- z/VM V4.2 Availability: October 26, 2001
- SDO (System Delivery Offering)
- Upgrading z/VM V4
- Licensed Products Migration matrix for z/VM
- Non-IBM Solution Developer matrix for z/VM V4 R2.0
z/VM V4R2 Reference information
- z/VM V4 R2.0 Architecture Level Set
- z/VM and VM/ESA Reference Guide
- Redpaper: zSeries HiperSockets
- System Administration Facility for z/VM
- z/VM V4R2.0 FAQ (Frequently asked questions)
- z/VM Performance report
- The z/VM V4.2 Spec Sheet and the TCP/IP Spec sheet are no longer available.
- z/VM V4.4 Spec Sheet (which includes the TCP/IP information)
Online product documentation and publications
- z/VM V4 R2.0 General Information (GC24-5991)
- z/VM V4 R2.0 Product library
CP and CMS Data Areas and Control Blocks
New addition for z/VM V4R2.0 are the Monitor Record formats which replace the hardcopy book where they were documented in the past.
- z/VM V4 R2.0 Program Directories