Description of LISTSG
Download count: 41 this month, 5018 altogether.
Downloads for LISTSG:
VMARC archive: v-92K
From Kris Buelens, IBM Belgium
This package groups a series of FILELIST like tools.
Front-end to FILELIST.
Allows to search for files , even on not accessed MDISKs.
LF * EXEC lists all EXECs on R/W disks LF * EXEC A D S lists all EXECs on A, D and S-disk LF * EXEC * same as FILELIST * EXEC * LF * EXEC ** lists all EXECs, also on not accessed MDISKs
Issue commands to all/some files in XEDIT's RING. Examples:
RING TOP issues TOP in all XEDITed files RING /disk searches for disk in all XEDITed files RING opens RINGLIST where you enter any command
list PRT/PUN/RDR queue of other users (need CP CLASS D)
A Q NAMES in the FILELIST-like way. You can limit
the users you want to display. Examples:
USERLIST *VSE* USERLIST HTTP* USERLIST CP Q NSS USERS CMSVSAM|drop 2|Split USERLIST CP Q LINKS 191| SPLIT at ,|SPEC Word1 1The last example lists only users having a LINK to your 191 MDISK, the previous one lists all users of saved segment CMSVSAM.
- Lists the disks you have linked/accessed. Three views are provided: CMS info, CP info, description text.
Changes in 1.5 (Jan 2012)
- PEEK is set to PF11 is VMSPOOL is not installed. My PEEK command in URLIST uses TRANSFER to transfer the file to your reader, PEEKs it, and TRANSFERs it back to the original user.
- The RING tool, that allows to execute an XEDIT command in all files currently in XEDIT's "ring", has been fixed to support changing the fileID, as well as to support mixed case fileIDs, the latter already worked already in the RINGLIST (FILELIST-like interface).
Changes in 1.3 (May 2008)
21 May 2008: Support PIPE stages that use a ( character. Sych as in
USERLIST cms q accessors SFSRUN:SOFT.DATA (dataspace|pick W4 == /1/
Changes in 1.2 (April 2007)
7 Mar 2007: Fix "sort by size"
27 Feb 2007: The number of minidisks listed in DISKLIST was limited to the first 112. Caused by that DISKLIST was written in pre-PIPE days, hence based on EXECIO which uses a default buffer of 8K for the CP response.
29 Apr 2005: Fix "Refresh" in FILELIST
29 Apr 2005: Fix handling requests like "LF * PPF;$PPF A"
- 2 Dec 2004: Avoid problems when the label of your first R/W disk contains a space.
2 Dec 2004: Avoid problems when the label of your first R/W disk
contains a space.
27 Aug 2004: Fix mixed case support for RENAME commmand
RelatedHere some pointers to related tools:
- Enhanced FILELIST/RDRLIST
- Handle your SFS users
- Handle your BFS files
- LOOK: searches all files in a FILELIST for a string
- COMPMDSK: Compares two FILELIST (or MDISKs)