Last Updated: 14 August 2020
What is the z/VM Council?The IBM z/VM Council consists of z/VM engineers, designers, customers, and Independent Software Vendors (ISVs). The mission of the Council is to collaborate on topics related to the z/VM Hypervisor. Activities will include: user research, new project introduction, Sponsor User recruitment, client playbacks, project proposal definition and prioritization. The z/VM Council meets approximately once per month via telephone and web conferencing. Further collaboration is done through the IBM z/VM Council Community (membership required) web site.
Membership requirementsThe IBM z/VM Council is open to any z/VM client or ISV with a signed IBM Z Feedback Program Agreement (FPA). If for whatever reason the FPA does not work for your company's needs a custom FPA can be created to address the concerns.
A customized Feedback Program Agreement will also be needed if your company is headquartered in Croatia, Germany, Italy, Philippines, Romania, or Vietnam. Please contact Kerry Wilson - firstname.lastname@example.org to start this process.
There is no cost associated with the z/VM Council or being a Sponsor User.
- Participate regularly and actively
- Become a Sponsor User for at least one project per year and participate in the associated playbacks:
- Prioritize project proposals
- Complete any assignments from the z/VM Council
Join the z/VM Council
- Identify colleagues who will participate and ensure they have IBM IDs
- Send email to Kerry Wilson - email@example.com:
- Include company name
- Include names and emails of all participants
- Kerry will verify your company has the FPA in place or will provide more information on how to get it signed
- If the FPA is in place, you and your colleagues will need to fill out the Areas of Interest form. Make sure to select: "z/VM, Linux on zSystems, Z/VSE, KVM on Z Systems" under "Operating systems and application software"
- Once the Areas Interest form is submitted, you will be added to the z/VM Council Community and receive invites for future meetings
Join the z/VM Council CommunityThe z/VM Council Community is a web site used by z/VM Council members to collaborate on z/VM related topics. You must be a member of the z/VM Council in order to have access to the Community. If you are already a member of the z/VM Council, see the instructions below on how to gain access to the z/VM Council Community:
- You must be part of the parent IBM Z and LinuxONE Community in order to be added to the z/VM Council Community.
- Access the following link, login with your IBMid / password, and Join the IBM Z and LinuxONE Community - https://www.ibm.com/community/z/usergroups/ibmz/join.
- Send an email to Kerry Wilson - firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you joined the parent group.
- You will then be added to the z/VM Council Community, and will receive an email confirmation with further details.
- Once added, you can access the z/VM Council Community here - https://www.ibm.com/community/z/usergroups/ibm-zvm-council