z/VM Performance Toolkit
Performance Toolkit is an optional priced feature for z/VM, which provides enhanced capabilities for a z/VM systems programmer, system operator, or performance analyst to monitor and report performance data.
z/VM Performance Toolkit functions
The functions provided by Performance Toolkit for z/VM include:
- NEW: Performance Data Pump extends Performance Toolkit with the ability to extract real-time performance data and display the data on intuitive dashboards. View the spotlight video
- Operation of the system operator console in full-screen mode
- Management of multiple z/VM systems (local or remote)
- Post-processing of Performance Toolkit for VM history files and VM monitor data captured by the MONWRITE utility
- Viewing of performance monitor data using either Web browsers or PC-based 3270 emulator graphics
- TCP/IP performance reporting
Performance Toolkit for z/VM can process Linux performance data obtained from the Resource Management Facility (RMFTM) Linux performance gatherer, rmfpms. z/VM Performance Toolkit support for rmfpms has been stabilized and may cease to function as the underlying Linux systems evolve. Support for the Linux rmfpms agent has been withdrawn and no new copies of it are available for installation. If you have rmfpms installed on an existing Linux image, it should continue to run on that image unsupported. There is no guarantee a current rmfpms installation will run on future Linux image installs.