How to specify DVD Delivery for your z/VM order on Shopz
|Since z/VM system orders became available on DVD, we've received comments and questions about how to request DVD. We are providing these tips in hopes it will help you when ordering your z/VM system on DVD.
In addition to shipment as electronic download from the Internet through Shopz, z/VM is available on DVD.
Tips for ordering DVD delivery of z/VM via Shopz
Use the tips below to help you know which pulldown selections you need, and which buttons to click on various screens.
Once you are signed into Shopz, select 'create new software orders'.
- Select z/VM - Products for the Operating Environment and select which continuous delivery release you would like.
- VM SDO version 7.3 or VM SDO version 7.2
Continuous Delivery wax new with z/VM Version 7.1. With the introduction of Continuous Delivery z/VM now has two releases available for ordering. For more information, please visit: z/VM Continuous Delivery News.
- Select Continue.
- Select the Hardware System where you plan to use this order
- On the Shop for Products screen, select VM Base Product Options for Group and also choose your language and filter. Typically filter would be Show all products. If you want to order any optional features and/or Licensed Products, instead select VM-All (35 Products) listed at bottom. Do NOT click on Continue, instead click SHOW CATALOG ! Scroll down to see the catalog.
- When you see the catalog select the products you want to order.
- Continue. If you need to select new licenses, do so.
- Select DVD as the preferred media
- On the Review and Submit page, you have an opportunity to review and change your order before submitting it. Once you have submitted and confirmed your order, the next screen shows you a list of your orders and their status.
- The DVD is available for physical delivery as well as download. To download an .iso image be sure to select 'Internet' as your preferred media.
- The z/VM base z/VM 7.2 and z/VM 7.3 operating system will ship on two DVD's. Disk 1 and Disk 2 where Disk 2 contains operating system files in addition to the RSU. Any optional products will be shipped separately.
- The Licensed Products in the SDO are available for delivery on DVD or electronic download.