Description of SFSKTOOL
Download count: 14 this month, 2312 altogether.
Downloads for SFSKTOOL:
VMARC archive: v-365K
From Kris Buelens, IBM Belgium
SFSKTOOL: Kris' SFS tools
This package includes some tools I wrote to manage SFS. Some
were written to solve a specific problem, maybe not your problem,
but can be used as a model. They have filetype SAMPEXEC.
Another reason to get SAMPEXEC as ftype is that you must change some hardcoded constants, mostly on front of the code.
There is no help, but introduction comments in the EXEC should explain.
- WARNSFS EXEC
- Tell something to all users currently connected to an SFS filepool.
- SFSBKUP SAMPEXEC
- Backup a whole SFS in VMFPLC2 format. It also generates an exec to restore the tape.
- SFSLREF SAMPEXEC
- Get files with lastref date in 1900 iso 2000. Once needed to fix a bug. Without this scan DFSMS would think they could be erased as no longezr used since a long time.
- SFSDISC EXEC
- Disconnect from all SFS servers. Very useful if you assign "nicknames" to SFS pools in UCOMDIR or SCOMDIR files.
- SFSOVERV PACKAGE
- Help to create DFSMS management groups. Gives an overview of how much space is used by which filetypes. The DFSMS management classes could be made to migrate (& compress) these files.
- SFSCLEAN EXEC
- Cleanup an SFS used as T-disk space. Has logic to erase old files, and first the files of big consumers.
- FCOPYSFS SAMPEXEC
- Store an SFS filespace in FCOPY PACKLIB files (a kind of ZIP for VM). These PACKLIB files can then be SENDFILEd to another VM system to have them restored. ALIASses and GRANTs are collected as well. EXEC's are created to restore the FCOPY PACKLIB files.
- ERALIAS SAMPEXEC
- Remove all useless "ERASED ALIASES" by scanning the SFS catalog. Optionally it also collect DFSMS managment class information (eg: is a file migrated or not). The SFSANOMA EXEC can then be used to find anomalies (e.g. a file is listed as being migrated but the migrated data are lost. Or, migrated data exist, for a file no longer listed in the SFS catalog)
- SFSANOMA SAMPEXEC
- Scan DFSMS migrated files and report anomalies. ERALIAS is a pre-req
- SFSADMIN EXEC
- Send a command to VMOPER to make yourself SFS Admin.
- SFSINFO SAMPEXEC
- Collect various info from SFS catalog.
- ERASE EXEC
- Warn you if ERASEing a file with ALIASses based on it. If you ERASE such a file, all ALIASses become useless.
- SFSGRAPH PACKAGE
- If you've got GDDM REXX, and you want to collect SFS space usage
statistics. The following files help you to display graphics, both
of the storage groups, or of individual users.
By default, the code below uses VMSYSU:MAINT.SFSSTATS.fpool as place to store/find the statistics:
- you can change the location in the 3 execs: SFSPSTAT/SFSUSTAT/GETSFS
- refer to GETSFS EXEC for more information
Here some 'clickable' samples of what SFSGRAPH can produce.
Storage pool usage graph Filespace % full Filespace % full and
prediction of 100% full
Some other tools, separately available on the VM download lib:
- SFSULIST PACKAGE
- List all users in SFS in a FILELIST-like way.
Second part: list all SFS your servers More information
- BFSLIST PACKAGE
- List you BFS filestructure in a FILELIST-like way. More information