Last Updated: 22 October 2019
The table below contains collections of IBM z/VM documentation in Adobe Acrobat indexed PDF format. Once you download and extract one of the collection ZIP files, you will have an offline way to search the z/VM Library.
The ZIP files contain PDF files for all publications in the z/VM Library for the selected quarter or release. The 6.4 and greater collections also contain an HTML index file which lists the publication titles, and an Adobe Acrobat full text search index for the entire collection (PDX file). By using the PDX file you can perform a comprehensive search across all the PDFs within the collection.
New Indexed PDF collections will be provided on a quarterly basis when z/VM New Function APARs drive changes to publications.
Note: Starting with the 2019 April Refresh Collection the z/VM Related PDFs will no longer be included. Please see earlier collections or see the Related PDFs page.
Instructions on how to use the indexed PDF collection
- Prerequisite: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader software installed to use the indexed search functionality
- View the table below and click on the link of the filename of the collection you would like to download
- Once the download has finished, open the location where the ZIP file has been downloaded
- Extract the ZIP file to the desired location on your computer
- Open the folder that contains the extracted files and follow what you would like to do below
- To view PDFs:
- Open the only HTML file that is located in the folder (filename varies depending on version / release)
- Browse the HTML file and select the link of the publication you wish to open
- To search the collection:
- Open the only PDX file in the folder (filename varies depending on version / release)
- In the Search panel select the third bullet "In the index named..."
- Enter your search terms, select desired options, and hit the Search button
- Select the PDF you would like to open in the Results section of the Search panel
- To view PDFs:
|Filename||Description||Size (MB)||Latest Content|
|2019 September Refresh zVM710 Collection.zip||
z/VM 7.1 September PDF collection - New Function APAR documentation in this collection:
|254||7.1 - 2019 4Q NFA|
|2019 June Refresh zVM710 Collection.zip||
z/VM 7.1 2019 June PDF collection - New Function APAR documentation in this collection:
|252.3||7.1 - 2019 3Q NFA|
|2019 April Refresh zVM710 Collection.zip||
z/VM 7.1 2019 April PDF collection - New Function APAR documentation in this collection:
|261.5||7.1 - 2019 2Q NFA|
|2018 June Refresh zVM640 Collection.zip||
z/VM 6.4 2018 June PDF collection - New Function APAR documentation in this collection:
|326.9||6.4 - 2018 2Q NFA|
|2019 January Refresh zVM710 Collection.zip||
z/VM 7.1 2019 January PDF collection - This collection includes all z/VM 7.1 and related publications including any changes to publications as part of the New Function APARs released in 4th Quarter 2018. New Function APARs in this collection include:
|344.9||7.1 - 2019 1Q NFA|
|2018 September zVM710 GA Collection.zip||z/VM 7.1 2018 September GA PDF collection - This collection includes all z/VM 7.1 and related publications that were published when the version became generally availabile (GA). z/VM 7.1 includes all previously released New Function APARs.||345.7||7.1 - 2018 3Q GA|
|2013 July zVM540-zVM630 Collection.zip||
z/VM 5.4 - 6.3 2013 July PDF collection - This collection includes PDF files for z/VM versions 5.4 - 6.3 and related publications. Note: This collection is not indexed to allow searching across multiple PDFs. Search is limited to a single PDF. Download file, extract contents, and open the file named pdfindex.htm. This collection includes:
|1568||6.3 - 2013 3Q GA|