Description of RSCSTAPE
7 this month, 5306 altogether.
Downloads for RSCSTAPE:
VMARC archive: v-33K
RSCS Tape Transfer Utility
RSCSTAPE is a utility to copy a tape to one or more destinations via the RSCS network.
- Easy to use: To copy a tape to JOHN at DOENODE, mount the tape and
RSCSTAPE JOHN AT DOENODE
The tape is read and transmitted via RSCS. To create the tape copy at the destination, locate the GLUEINFO file in RDRLIST and execute
against it. The relevant spool files are read, glued together, and a tape copy is written, including tape marks.
- Tape format independent: Any tape format may be copied, including VSE, MVS, VM TAPE format, VMFPLC2, DDR etc.
- No work space required: Data is transferred directly between tape and spool.
- Multiple destinations: Multiple destinations may be specified.
- Multiple output tapes: Up to 8 tapes may be written simultaneously when recreating the data on tape.
- RSCS list processor utilisation: If multiple destinations are speci- fied, RSCSTAPE will automatically utilise the RSCS list processor if available on the local node. The user may specify another node where RSCSTAPE should utilise the list processor, should the local node not support the list processor. The list processor is an RSCS faci- lity that minimises network traffic by sending only one copy of the data on each link, even though data is to be sent to multiple desti- nations.
- Data chops: Data is chopped into 500k spool files to avoid blocking the network. The user may specify a different chopsize.
- CMS Pipelines level 110A0007, the level shipped with CMS14 or higher.