Description of GD-XEDIT
6 this month, 7079 altogether.
Downloads for GD-XEDIT:
VMARC archive: v-314K
From Kris Buelens, IBM Belgium
PURPOSE: These GOODIES are either enhancements to existing
XEDIT commands or additional functions.
Version 1.1 provides the package in ZIP as well as VMARC file, as requested by some users. In addition, some of the tools have been enhanced here and there, look at the introdution comments inside the execs.
Version 1.5 refreshes LOOK and QUERY, minor changes (but LOOK works a bit better if searching lots of MDISKS)
Version 1.4 refreshes quite some of the tools, with minor modifications. More recent changes worth to mention:
- LOOK: Avoid problems when files have #-chars in their name
- RING: Support change of FNAME/FTYPE/FMODE with a command, as well as files with mixed case fileid
- ATCURSOR: Allow to extract words from the current line
Note: I do use quite some of these function daily (so they surely work as expected), just a few are used seldom and may fail, or seem awkward or ...
- Modified ALL command. Search can be done in a extra ZONE parameter Add or Remove lines to current selection. Show lines between 2 targets.
- Execute XEDIT command where cursor is the "current line"
- Allows to save some XEDIT commands between XEDIT sessions
- Draw boxes in XEDIT files
- Copy, move... of 'data' in a file where 'data' is a word, string or box.
- CLOCATE and VIEW the columns immediately
- Execute the same XEDIT command on all visible files
- Make sum of numbers in a column of a file
- Compare 2 edited files side by side
- Prefix cmd : place/remove continuation chars in ASSEMBLE sources
- Make line with cursor current or last on screen like in ISPF/PDF
- Show date and time in message line (refresh at every enter)
- DELETE all lines containing a given string
- FILE (or SAVE) when DISK full (Erases "AUTOSAVE" and/or "Base" file)
- Execute edited EXEC, MACRO, FILELIST or SYNONYM
- Interactive drawing of BOXES and LINES with 32ing insert, add, move
- QUIT and DISCARD an XEDITed or PEEKed file
- Show only LABELed lines in a REXX, EXEC2 or ASSEMBLE program.
- Search a list file files (a FILELIST) for all occurences of a string. Allows also to do global changes in those files.
- Repeat several of XEDIT commands a number of times.
- Modify the text of a reserved line on an XEDIT screen.
- Create a Cross Reference of labels and variables in EXEC2.
- Macro to swap PF-keys (assign PF1 to PF13, etc) or show PF13-24 instead of FP1-12.
- Prefix command : lower or uppercase of lines or words.
- Prefix command : copy, move, ... of lines between files.
- Prefix command : look in hexa or change characters to hexa.
- Prefix command : various functions :
'AP' -ADD line previous to this one (=insert XEDIT's "MASK") 'CMT' -add a REXX or SCRIPT comment line 'CMTB<n><c> or CMB<n><c>: REXX comment box : -create REXX comment box of 'n' lines (default 1) -using char "c" default '-' 'CURL' -makes this screenline XEDIT's CURLINE 'CURLI' -makes this screen & fileline XEDIT's CURLINE 'MASK' -define this line as XEDIT's "MASK" 'R' -keep this line on screen ('RESERVED') 'Rn' -inverse of 'R': remove line 'n' 'VE' -expand to "Verify .. *" and execute Prefix command 'E' 'XE' -XEDIT this file (fid= first 3 words in current 'ZONE') 'XE 2' -Same but go to splitscreen 'XE C' -XEDIT this file (fid= first 3 words,starts at cursor) '=' -scan prefix area, and resolve all other = commands (this works ionly in coordination with ASM exec) 'ASM' -ASSEMBLER LOCATE locate line in error in source:
- Prefix command : modified PRFSHIFT to allow more > and <
- an 'intelligent' profile for XEDIT.
- allows '*' and '%' characters in fileid (as in LISTFILE) - will look for a file if no FILETYPE given, .... - will replace short FILETYPEs (ex: E->EXEC, S->SCRIPT,...) - relates AUTOSAVE number to original fileid (see AUTOSV EXEC) - define goodies' SYNONYMS.
- Call PROFS PROOFreading for a part/word of the edited file.
- Shows answer of all CP commands, some CMS commands and CMS LISTFILE in XEDIT message lines; can also include the answer in the XEDITed file; can show also variables returned by XEDIT EXTRACT command
- FREE all RESERVED lines of the XEDIT screen.
- Create a FILELIST like screen of all edited files. allows to give Xedit commands to all these files
- 'Mini FILELIST' : show listfile file selection line. Allows via PF to choose directly one of these files
- shows all XEDITed files in XEDITs ring (via PF key) Allows via PF to choose directly one of these files
- Save old file version of XEDITed file as "fn ftO"
- Define synonyms for several goodies.
- Define PF-keys (eventually multiple commands) It will also update the PF-description on screenline -1
- split screen in 2 (or more) pieces or unsplit screen (via PF)
- split/join to fill words on 1 screen line
- Write sequence numbers in coluns of a file.
- Set part of XEDIT screen in sticky pad (CMS window)
- move 'window' on data right/left through records. Enhanced RGTL
- View in hexa the data where the cursor stands (via PF)