+ IBM z/VM 6.4 Cloud Manager Appliances
+ IBM z/VM 6.3 Cloud Manager Appliances
|N/A||Documentation updates for OpenStack Newton Release|
|N/A||Documentation updates for OpenStack Liberty Release|
|SC24-6253-00||Enabling z/VM for OpenStack (Support for OpenStack Newton Release)|
|SC24-6251-01||Enabling z/VM for OpenStack (Support for OpenStack Liberty Release)|
|SC24-6250-00||Enabling z/VM for OpenStack (Support for OpenStack Kilo Release)|
|SC24-6249-03||Enabling z/VM for OpenStack (Support for OpenStack Juno Release)|
|SC24-6234-12||Systems Management Application Programming|
|GC24-6161-04||CMS and REXX/VM Messages and Codes|
- LVM Deletion tips
When receiving PTFs for z/VM 6.3.0 the delta disk (3D2) for CMS may fill up.
There are two options for correcting this situation:
- Increase the size of the delta disk (3D2) prior to receiving service from this RSU.
- Remove obsolete PTF parts from the delta disk using the VMFREM command:
VMFSETUP SERVP2P CMS (to get correct disks accessed)
ERASE any CMS files of filetype CMSUT1 on the 3D2 minidisk, filemode J
VMFREM PPF SERVP2P CMS LIST DMSVM $REMLIST (COMMIT RUN
You need to create a file named DMSVM $REMLIST A. This file is a list of the PTFs which can be safely committed and removed from VMSES/E inventory. The contents of the DMSVM $REMLIST A file, starting in column 1, should be:
This command will delete older files shipped with the PTFs listed above and update the VMSES/E inventory to show that these PTFs are committed permanently to the CMS component.
If you have encountered the disk full situation while receiving the PTF service, you will need take one of the actions identified above and reissue the command that filled due to the disk full condition (VMFINS or SERVICE).
zHCP interface to SMAPI open source code
The zHCP code contains a component called smcli, a Linux command line interface to many SMAPI API's. This code is available on GitHub. There are two sample scripts:
- One extracts the files, compiles the code and builds the RPM. It is called "buildzhcpgithub".
- The other will just compile the code and build the RPM. This can be used to test out source code changes you make; or to compile the code if you already have extracted the source code. It is called "compilezhcponly".
Code reviews are currently done in GerritHub.
To see the API's and API syntax for a command:
- "smcli -h" will show which API's are supported
- "smcli apiname -h" will show the command syntax
If you are interested in a smcli only executable rather than an RPM, instructions are Here.
Recent Change Activity
- 2018-04-09 SMAPI updates VM66120.
- 2018-03-08 Security APAR.
- 2018-02-28 APAR VM66122.
- 2018-01-26 Security APAR.
- 2017-12-04 Security APAR.
- 2017-11-17 SMAPI APAR VM66087.
- 2017-10-25 Security APAR.
- 2017-08-29 Fixed typos in Security APARs descriptions.
- 2017-07-14 Added PE Fix VM65951, Security APARs: VM66039, VM66041, and APAR VM65969.
- 2017-04-19 Added Security APAR
- 2017-03-21 Added VM65996 for Newton FP1, VM66002 for Liberty FP4
- 2017-03-14 Added SMAPI APAR VM65995
- 2017-02-16 Updated Service files to include changes from 2017-02-10 update
- 2017-02-10 Security updates and VM65802
- 2017-02-03 Added VM65970 for CONFIGUR HELP Files
- 2017-01-20 Updates for Newton, CONFIGUR tool
- 2017-01-11 Added LVM deletion link, comment about PTF sort by date
- 2017-01-05 Fixed sort of PTF by date, added 6.4 ship levels
- 2017-01-03 Fixed VM65875 to have correct 6.4 PTF number and remove duplicates in 6.3 list
- 2016-12-22 Added security updates and fixes
- 2016-11-09 Security updates
- 2016-11-02 Security updates
- 2016-10-14 Added Links to Liberty FP1/FP2 blogs
- 2016-10-03 Added Liberty FP2 updates
- 2016-07-25 Added Link to wiki for documentation updates
- 2016-07-05 Security updates
- 2016-06-09 Added Dirmaint SMAPI PTF, Appliance Liberty fixpack
- 2016-04-19 Fixed broken link to xCAT page
- 2016-04-06 Added both online and PDF links to documents. Added links to Developer Works
- 2016-04-04 Added security PTF.
- 2016-03-31 Updated Juno table with missing PTF
- 2016-03-25 Added UM65780 PTF.
- 2016-03-02 Added security PTF.
- 2016-01-28 Added security PTF.
- 2015-12-04 Added service and update to CMA, updated document link.
- 2015-11-04 Added security PTF.
- 2015-09-22 Fix link to Juno book.
- 2015-09-09 Fix typo in PTF number.
- 2015-09-05 Added UM34665 PTF.
- 2015-08-18 Added security PTF.
- 2015-07-24 Added security PTF.
- 2015-06-25 FIXES FOR CMA 188.8.131.52; xCAT, zhcp. Added Kilo document link
- 2015-06-11 Removed old 4.1 information.
- 2015-06-09 Added security PTF.
- 2015-04-24 Fixed typo.
- 2015-04-20 Added note to read CMAINFO FILE.
- 2015-04-20 Added note to read CMA42 FILE.
- 2015-04-17 Added security PTF.
- 2015-03-24 Misc HTML updates, like (click to open).
- 2015-03-23 Added security PTF.
- 2015-03-18 Misc wording updates
- 2015-03-13 Added IBM Cloud Manager 4.2 and documentation link
This document is maintained by:
Chuck Brazie z/VM Development firstname.lastname@example.org