What is MQSeries Client for VM ?MQSeries products enable applications using message queuing to communicate across different platforms via client-server technology. MQseries for VM is a client that runs on VM's CMS component. Because it is a client and not a full-function queue manager, the VM client will need to be connected to one of these queue managers:
- Windows NT
VM Requirements for MQSeries Client?
- VM/ESA Version 2 Release 4.0, or later
- LE/370 Release 1.8
- C for VM Release 3.1 or compatible product
- TCP/IP feature included with VM/ESA V2 R4, or later or VTAM
Application Language Bindings SupportedThe programming language Bindings are:
- IBM C for VM Release 3.1
- IBM VS Cobol II
- IBM OS PL/I Release 2.3
- IBM VM/ESA REXX/VM
- IBM Assembler
- MQ Series home page
- z/VM V5.2 information.
- A presentation by Richard Lewis (of IBM) delivered at an IBM VM and VSE Technical Conference in 2000
- See Appendix J of the IBM z/VM CMS Application Development Guide for some usage examples.
- Discussion of the programming API's and usage of the client will be found in the MQSeries product library.
- The MQ Insider, a quarterly technical newsletter from BMC Software
- New York-New Jersey MQSeries User Group