Description of TRACEXEC
Download count: 19 this month, 5065 altogether.
Downloads for TRACEXEC:
VMARC archive: v-185K
TRACEXEC is a tool for analyzing and debugging EXEC applications. It does about five different things:
- TRACEXEC is an interactive debugger for interpreted REXX execs.
You'll never need to modify code by inserting TRACE instructions again;
just use TRACEXEC to set or clear breakpoints. You can set breakpoints
using line-mode commands, or you can do it in a visual mode via an Xedit
- If you don't need the full level of tracing control provided by
TRACEXEC, you can still use it to specify that the EXECTRAC flag should
be automatically turned on, or off, for specific execs. This can be
useful for tracing a single exec buried deep within an application,
as well as for tracing non-REXX execs.
- TRACEXEC is a run-time profiler for interpreted REXX execs. It can
record both frequency of execution and CPU usage for each line within a
- TRACEXEC is a run-time profiler for EXEC applications. It records
both frequency of execution and CPU usage for each EXEC within a
multi-exec application. All interpreted and compiled EXEC languages are
- TRACEXEC can be used to reveal the flow of logic in a multi-exec application, by displaying a message when an exec is entered (showing the exec name and arguments) or exited (showing CPU time and return code). All interpreted and compiled EXEC languages are supported.
This is TRACEXEC Version 2.06.
If you have questions or comments about TRACEXEC, contact Kent Fiala.