Description of SESTOOLS
Download count: 20 this month, 3894 altogether.
Downloads for SESTOOLS:
VMARC archive: v-178K
From Kris Buelens, IBM Belgium
SESTOOLS contains various execs I use to manage VM/SES installed software.
- Version 1.3September 2011
- The description of the delivered execs has been improved a bit. And, all EXECs now have introduction comments (when the only comments were changed, the files' time stamps were left unchanged).
- Will detect files listed more than once in a VMSES PARTCAT. Without this check a double file would yield misleading information (such as "file xyz is not included" in VMSES PARTCAT).
- Version 1.2December 2009
- Some more or less important bugfixes. Look inside the SESCOMP EXEC for details.
- Newly added. Front-end to VMFSETUP: lists all products you have installed (it reads VM SYSRECS D)
- Newly added. This exec lists which files are changed on an accessed MDISK or any SFS directory. It is not the same as "FILELIST (AFTER somedate": we consult the VMSES PARTCAT to find which files have been COPYFILEd, Generated, Created, ... on the given MDISK/SFS-dir. Very useful after a VMFBLD or VMFREC.
- Version 1.0
- Move software from mindisks into SFS. As opposed to IBM's
MOVE2SFS EXEC, you can move the components in any filepool,
and filespace you want. No need to keep the hard-to-remember
names like VMSYS:4TCPIP40. You can use for example
SFSESA:MAINT440.TCPIP. Remembering the prodids of
ICKDSF, RSCS etc is even harder.
In addition, you can also select your own PPF and component name. No need either to move every minidisk of a component into SFS, you can select which minidisks you want to move.
- Compairs two VMSES PARTCATs and lets you copy products files
from one mindisk/SFS dir to the other.
For example: you can use SESCOMP to merge two versions of MAINT 19E
and copy missing SW pieces to a newly acquired MAINT 19E.
Another function of SESCOMP is to check if all files on a minidisk (or SFS directory) are described in the VMSES PARTCAT. You get some help to catalog the missing files in VMSES PARTCAT.