Description of REXXG
Download count: 38 this month, 3684 altogether.
Downloads for REXXG:
VMARC archive: v-71K
From Kris Buelens, IBM Belgium
This package provides several CMS EXECs and XEDIT macros that are useful to people writing REXX EXECs
- Perform a basic REXX syntax check (uses TRACE S)
- XEDIT macro to execute a REXX instruction
- Execute/activate edited EXEC, XEDIT macro, FILELIST, ...
My PROFILE XEDIT sets PF10 end PF22 to EXECCALL)
- Easily jump between REXX labels (e.g. next/prev subrtn)
My PROFILE XEDIT sets PF19, PF20 and PF21 to LAB)
- Show all formats REXX date() function
- Show syntax of REXX's searching functions
- Show all formats REXX time() function
- show result of all REXX data conversion functions (as C2X )
- Sample file "SIGNAL SAMPEXEC" showing how one can use the Rexx SIGNAL ON NOVALUE and friends
- Enter MODEL in XEDIT's command line when editing a REXX EXEC, and you get a menu with various code sections you can insert. For example: how to use CMS Workunits, or a subroutine to call when you want to ACCESS an SFS dir: it will return the new fmode if it was not ACCESSed yet, or the existing fmode. Etc.