Description of RETBUF
Download count: 7 this month, 5041 altogether.
Downloads for RETBUF:
VMARC archive: v-13K
A fullscreen CP retrieve buffer selection panel
RETBUF is a simple tool to display the contents of the CP RETRIEVE buffer and allow selection and modification of a command for re-execution.
- Fullscreen display allowing scrolling of up to the CP maximum of 255 commands in the RETRIEVE buffer.
- A buffered command may be executed directly from the RETBUF panel. CP terminal line editing characters in force are respected.
- The selected command may be placed in the CMS command line allowing modification before re-execution (this optional feature requires PROMPT MODULE from the IBM VM Download Page).
- Commands may be modified in fullscreen mode before execution by simple overtyping.
- Buffered commands can be scrolled up and down, left and right. The page number may be overtyped to go directly to a particular page. Overtyping overrides PF7 (Up) and PF8 (Down).
- CMS Pipelines Version 1.1.9 sublevel x'25' or higher. May be downloaded from Princeton University's web site.
- PROMPT package from IBM's VM download site (optional). Or the VM/ESA pipelines version 3.2.9 that was shipped with VM/ESA Version 2.2.
- VM/ESA Version 1.2.0 or higher.