Description of PIPXEDIT
Download count: 24 this month, 5159 altogether.
Downloads for PIPXEDIT:
VMARC archive: v-12K
Use Pipeline stages to manipulate lines in XEDIT session
PIPXEDIT is a simple tool comprising two XEDIT macros, PIPPUT and PIPREP, designed to access and manipulate lines in an XEDIT session with Pipeline stages.
PIPPUT UNIQUE FEATURES
- PIPPUT does not change the contents of the file.
- You specify a Pipeline to handle XEDIT lines, PIPPUT connects you to XEDIT.
PIPREP UNIQUE FEATURES
- PIPREP modifies the contents of the file (if your pipeline does).
- You specify a Pipeline to modify XEDIT lines, PIPREP connects you to XEDIT.
- Failure proof: If your pipeline returns a non-zero return code, file contents are not updated.
- Allows you to combine the power of XEDIT and Pipelines interactively.
- Works from the XEDIT command line.
- Multistream Pipelines supported.
- Standard Pipeline options like ENDCHAR and SEPARATOR supported.
- Full standard XEDIT target to limit lines input to Pipelines supported.