Description of CPHOST
Download count: 53 this month, 3587 altogether.
Downloads for CPHOST:
VMARC archive: v-33K
Shimon Lebowitz applied some changes to the first version of Tim's
package. I, Kris Buelens, reworked them to fit them in Tim's version
for z/VM 5.2.
As Tim lacks time to incorporate them in his version, he agreed that we make the improved version available on the download lib.
OverviewTwo main changes can attract you
- The response of the first level CP can be placed in a buffer at the second-level. That is, you can grab the response using PIPE, EXECIO or Rexx's DIAG(8) function.
- The return code of the first level CP becomes the returncode of the
second-level command. Two special return ranges are available:
- 30000+x for "logic errors" in the call to CPHOST: x=4: No cmd supplied; x=8: Not running second level; x=12: Command string longer than 240 characters - 31000+x for "Response too long" for response buffer (4000 bytes) x= The RC of the CP command.
Shimon Lebowitz made again two improvements:
- avoid problems when CP response is larger than 4K
(this problem caused a HTT001 hard abend of the secondlevel VM system)
- it is also made more reentrant