Peter Spera's Home Page
After a career as a professional chemist and a stroll through graduate school (so
computer folks would take me seriously), I joined IBM in 1992 as part of the mainframe
software design organization. I had the opportunity to continue growing my computer
security skills in addition to a short (5 year) sojourn into Object Oriented
technologies, (Objects on MVS). After returning to the System z
System Integrity Competency Center, I began to
develop updated procedures for bringing System z Security APAR information to those
that have a need to know. From 2000 on, I have taken on the mission
of bringing security (a small word for a very large field) to
Linux on System z. This continues to be a challenge as new technologies, cryptography,
and standards evolve.
Below are a few links that you might find interesting or I might have
mentioned in a presentation or phone call. Drop me a note, using the mail link next
to my picture above, if you can't find something I mentioned or if there is a
problem with one of the links or documents.
Currently my mission encompasses the following three security areas:
- Linux for System z Strategy/Architecture/Design
- System z Security APAR Distribution Process owner
- To report a System z Securty / Integrity issue, please send an email to email@example.com with a subject of "Security Report".
- System z vulnerability focal point
- Linux for System z information
- System z System Integrity Competency Center
- System Integrity
- Historical: System Integrity Statement for MVS (1981)
- Process for client access to System z Security / Integrity APAR data
- Process for Internal IBM access to System z Security / Integrity APAR data
Other links of interest:
z/VM Developer Pages
Linux on System z Resources
Stay tuned, content will be added when available.
Last modified: December 3, 2013.